Monday 21 November 2011

Dino Tooth

Why hello again.  Let's take it back millions of years ago to the times when dinosaurs roamed this land before we ruined it.   In this assignment we were to sculpt a wonderful T-rex tooth.  After about 8 hours and accidently spraying primer all over my garage floor this is what happened (cue jurassic park music now).

 9" of annoying coat hanger
Time it took to shape- 7 minutes
















9" of Annoying coat hanger wrapped in foil paper.  A lot of foil paper.  A lot of mom's foil paper.  When she finds out she will not be happy.  Too bad
Time it took to wrap- 15 minutes














Applying Super Sculpey to my foil covered coat hanger.  I spent ENOUGH time shaping and making this tooth smooth as can be.  As you can see it's still 9".  I should have taken shots during the sculpting process but I was way too focused to pick up a camera and take a snap of this sweet piece of work.
Time elapsed when sculpting- 2 hours (not even joking)











Picture following the cooking part of the assignment.
Cooking time- about 15 minutes to do a base cook.  I then brought it outside in the garage and introduced the tooth to my heat gun for about 20 minutes rotating every 2-3 minutes.







Feeling hot, hot, hot.
A wonderful shot of me holding up my tooth to show off to the camera.













Different angle...different funny angle.

















READY FOR PAINT!















Here we have it.  A couple of final shots to conclude the T-Rex tooth.   
                       

















TOTAL TIME = 6 Hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment