Wednesday 7 December 2011

Skateboard Deck

So I decided to just post some screen shots for the making of my skateboard deck.  I'll find time next semester to go out and print it and place it on the actual deck.  It seems we had some problems with print shops late this semester and at this point in the school year it is a difficult time for everyone to go out and get it completed.  So until that time comes this is what I have for you so far.  The idea for the skateboard design is to portray some sort of predator.  I was actually gonna put a picture of me with my predator looking mustache and some candy floating around me but I thought that may have been going a little too far and some people wouldn't appreciate the humor.    So I chose a bear.

Just the simple outline of the deck with a solid colour.










Added some bear claws in the mix there.  I traced over pictures of claws using the pen tool and then proceeded to add colour.









Not bad.  Starting to come together.  I actually enjoyed making the bear mouth.  It was not too difficult.  It just took some time to actually shape out what a bear mouth actually looks like.  I am satisfied with the result.







Decided to add some effects to the board to give it some life and not make it so boring so I drew out some claw marks with the pen tool and inserted them in appropriately.








And last but not least.....The eyes.  The eyes were probably the most difficult part.  Difficult in the sense that every type of eye I tried to do looked humorous as opposed to a little intimidating.  I was not too pleased with the outcome of the eyes but I had no choice so I went with these ones.

AND THAT IS MY COMPLETED SKATEBOARD DESIGN! 

The printed out version on the deck will be coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment